The CPD Department was formed on October 2012 to ensure effective implementation of the CPD Scheme. It is dedicated to assist and support lawyers by providing a wide range of CPD activities in different practice areas through various training platforms. The CPD Department also focuses to ensure lawyers have regular access to essential information in of the CPD Scheme.
The main objectives of CPD Department are to:
- offer legal training in a variety of practice areas with access to both local and international trainers;
- develop educational structures that will allow lawyers to enhance their competence, skills and professional practice;
- implement a structural framework that will minimise the need for lawyers to manage their own CPD tracking;
- create a platform for interaction between lawyers and the CPD Department in order to foster a lawyer-centric CPD environment; and
- provide opportunities that support lifelong learning.