We will only collect personally identifiable information when you voluntarily submit it to us.
We may ask for personally identifiable information in order to provide you with the products and services that you request. Depending upon the product or service, we may ask you for a variety of personally identifiable information including your name, address, email address, telephone number, status of Bar Council membership, Bar Council membership number, gender, birth date, or other information relevant to the product or service that you require.
We may also ask for other information about you, such as your credit card information (when you are making a purchase), interests, income, or educational level. We consider certain identifiable information “sensitive.” This includes your credit card number, income level, or any other information that would normally be considered confidential.
You may choose not to provide us with any personally identifiable information, and you will still be able to access and use many portions of our website; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions that require your personal information.
- (1) Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- (2) We will collect and use any personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- (3) We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- (4) We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- (5) Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- (6) We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- (7) We will make readily available to users information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- (8) The website will ultimately include community features such as online forums and message boards. Information that is posted in these areas are public information, and where any third party gains access to such information and chooses to use it for whatever purposes, it is beyond our ability to control. You are strongly advised to exercise caution before disclosing any personally identifiable information at these public venues. If you elect to submit content that includes information that can be used to identify you, you must assume that the content can and will be displayed on any website on the Internet.
- (9) The website also provides referral services to help you inform a friend about our website, products, or services. The types of personally identifiable information that we collect about other people at pages like these may include the person’s name, address, email address, or telephone number. We will only request information about your friend that we need in order to do what you request.
- (10) We may also collect non-personally identifiable information such as the type of browser you use, your operating system, your IP address, and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider. This information, by itself, does not permit individual identification, and therefore you will remain anonymous. However, if you elect to provide us with personally identifiable information during your visit, that information may be linked to your IP address.
- (11) We will only share your sensitive personal information with outside companies or individuals in any of the following limited circumstances:
(b) When we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure is necessary to (i) comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process; (ii) enforce the applicable Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements and policies on the website; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or (iv) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its team or its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
(c) Before we share your sensitive personal information outside of the previously listed circumstances, we will ask for your permission. Please note that this only applies to sensitive information, as defined above.
(d) We may also use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users for any legal purpose, such as analysing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners. In no event will this aggregated data contain any information that could be used to identify individual users of our products or services.
We only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to be contacted at all, you may opt out of receiving any communications from us at any time by notifying us at email@example.com.
If we receive a complaint from you, we will contact you in an attempt to address your concerns. If we are not able to resolve a complaint, we will participate in the appropriate independent recourse mechanism as necessary.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.