The College of Law
The Bar Council is in collaboration with The College of Law to provide Members of the Malaysian Bar (“Members”) and pupils in chambers (“pupils”) with access to complimentary online CPD courses on a wide range of topics.
This collaboration is a product of a Memorandum of Understanding (“MoU”) between the Bar Council and the College of Law, which is the largest provider of postgraduate law programmes in Australia and New Zealand.
The CPD content available in the online courses is derived from the Australian Legal and Professional Development Courses, and covers a broad spectrum of areas, including legal practice and business. While some of the content may be Australia-specific, exposure to these online courses will enhance professional development in general.
The MoU also includes collaboration in revising the Bar Council Ethics and Professional Standards Course — which pupils must undertake to gain admission to the Malaysian Bar — and in developing new Master of Laws subjects in Applied Law at The College of Law, which are customised for our Members and will be launched later this year.
How to Register?
(1) Register as a user via The College of Law website.
(2) An email notification will be sent to the user upon successful registration. It will direct the user to the Canvas learning platform that hosts the online CPD courses from The College of Law.
(3) Once access to the Canvas learning platform is successful, the user can access an unlimited number of the CPD courses from the following four clusters of learning areas:
- International Legal English and Professional Skills 1;
- International Legal English and Professional Skills 2;
- Online Seminar Series; and
- “How to” Series.
Please note that only selected CPD courses have been accredited. You will be required to complete the CPD course that you have chosen, but there is no limit on the amount of time taken to do so. You will be allocated one CPD point upon successful completion.
For enquiries, please contact Peter Tritt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.