With massive leakages in public procurement reported yearly, the seemingly unending corruption scandals involving high ranking politicians and businessmen, the dwindling of public confidence in law enforcement agencies, and the declining interest from foreign investors where year-on-year Malaysia continues to suffer from corruption as well as promised reforms not forthcoming — what can we do?
This one-day conference will feature five panel sessions* covering the following topics:
- Strategic Lawsuits against Public Participation (“SLAPPs”), Threats, and A Lack of Protection: Is Whistleblowing Worth It?
- Climate Crisis, Journalism, and the Need for Greater Access to Information
- Utilising Suspicious Transaction Reports and Tip-Offs Under AMLA for the Predicate Offence of Corruption — An Alternative?
- Reforming the MACC: the Need for New Efforts
- C4 Center’s Whistleblower Support System
*(session topics are subject to change)
Terms and Conditions
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Cancellations must be made in writing.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled or postponed by the organiser due to some circumstances.
- No refunds for this course. However substitution is allowed.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to the Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of this event, research and audit, maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of this event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).