The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) will be organising a one and a half day programme on Communications and Multimedia Act Consultation. The consultation aims to bring together lawyers who are defending cybercrimes cases to train them on comparative strategies of presenting evidence in court for CMA-related cases. The consultation will demonstrate how digital evidence can be used in these cases by lawyers to more effectively defend the rights of their clients.
- The concept of law in cyberspace;
- The issue with the CMA and its problematic sections;
- Technical aspect of cybercrimes and cyber evidence;
- Cybersecurity and international law; and
- The role of non-state actors (lawyers, CSO, corporations) in shaping online enforcement.