This seminar will better illustrate the challenges for Malaysia Company Law 2018. The case studies and case precedent approaches are the first of its kind in understanding, Dr Choong Kwai Fatt will not only show you how to face, but also how to deal with them in the preparation for Malaysia Company Law in relation to Companies Act 2016.
The scope and contents for this seminar includes but not limited to the following:
1. Exempt Private Companies’ Usage and Dilemma
2. Private Companies as a Vehicle for Property Acquisition with Real Property
Company (RPC) Computation
3. Directors’ Risks and Exposure arising from GST Audit and IRB Audit
4. No Par Value Regime in relation to Computation of Shares Issues
5. Solvency Test Application with appropriate calculation
6. Solvency Test Implication on Resigned Finance Personnel (CEO, CFO, Accountants)
7. Director’s Remuneration with Loan to Director
8. Shareholders’ Action and Reaction on malfunction of Board of Directors (BOD)
9. Director’s Duties and Conflicts
10. Directors’ Conflicts – Resign or Remain?
11. Company’s Business Codes alignment with Income Tax Reporting
12. Appointment and Removal of Auditors
13. Audit Exemption of Private Companies
14. Auditors’ Remuneration and Expenses, Risks and Exposures
15. Circulation of Financial Statements without Annual General Meeting
16. Practical Guidance converting existing 2 Directors’ Company to
Single Director Company
17. Other practical issues raised by participants as Burning Questions
DR CHOONG KWAI FATT was the pioneer in GST, he is going to be the pioneer for this New Companies Act. He is appointed by the Ministry of Finance as one of the panel members reviewing tax reforms in Malaysia, inclusive of the formulation of GST. With his research work on GST being published in 2006 and articles in 2007.
He has more than 24 years’ experience of providing consultancy services to listed companies, audit firms and the Government. Dr Choong is a highly sought GST & Tax Consultant and speaker. He is highly qualified with both professional Accounting Qualification and Legal Qualification. With chartered accountancy from 6 professional bodies and called to bar as an Advocate and Solicitor in Malaysia. Also an avid researcher equipped with a PhD in Taxation.
He has won various awards for excellent in tax research and published GST & Taxation Articles in reputable journals in and outside Malaysia. His research works have been quoted in many tax cases and have influenced the formulation of tax policy in Malaysia.
He is known by attendee of his seminar as a man with heart of gold. He is passionate about helping the tax professionals, accountants, senior executive, lawyers and business owners to enhance in taxation skills, knowledge and wealth through mitigating of GST risk and implementation. Having more than 20 years of experience in public speaking, participants love him for his passion in taxation and ability to make complex tax concept understandable by different walks of life.
He is the expert of experts in terms of Tax Planning for Companies , where he provided advice and personally trained corporate accountants and professional firms on Tax Planning for Companies and its implementation. Get ready to take good notes when you attend his GST implementation seminars.
Terms and Conditions
Please contact the organiser for further Terms and Conditions.