This CPD Camps Live session will study key issues in relation to the Federal Constitution. The speaker will elaborate on the following:
- formation of the Federal Constitution;
- role of the Federal Legislative Council;
- supremacy of the Constitution versus parliamentary supremacy;
- doctrine of separation of powers;
- principles relating to the interpretation of the Federal Constitution, federal law, and state laws; and
- judicial law, judicial review, and judicial independence.
The webinar is specifically geared to benefit Members admitted as advocates and solicitors to the Malaysian Bar from 1 July 2011, and pupils in chambers.
Srimurugan Alagan is an advocate and solicitor at Srimurugan & Co. He is familiar with a wide range of practice areas and has appeared in numerous cases in the subordinate and the superior Courts. His articles are regularly published in local law journals, and he frequently teaches in public and private universities.
Terms and Conditions
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Cancellations must be made in writing.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled or postponed by the organiser due to some circumstances.
- No refunds for this course. However substitution is allowed.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to the Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of this event, research and audit, maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of this event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).