This CPD Live Session carries 1 CPD point.
It is free of charge, but advance registration is required.
Upon successful registration, a link to the CPD Live Session will be emailed to registered participants only. Registration will be closed on 13 Apr 2020 (Monday). Please note that no additional registration will be accepted once the closing date is passed, or if the CPD Live Session is full.
We are delighted to have Ravi Nekoo again to share his insights on pre-trial case management for civil litigation. Some of the practical issues that this CPD Live Session will explore are:
- non-compliance with the direction of the court;
- settling the agreed facts and issues to be tried; and
- inclusion of documents into the bundle for submission.
CPD Live is an initiative by the Bar Council during the Movement Control Order, so that Members and pupils are not deprived of continuous learning even at this time.
Come join CPD Live Session at the comfort of your own home!
This CPD Live Session is jointly organised by the Bar Council Continuing Professional Development Department and Malacca Bar Committee.
Ravi Nekoo is an active litigator and has appeared at all levels of the courts in Malaysia. He has also authored several books and conducts training programmes organised by the Bar Council for Members of the Malaysian Bar. He is the Co-Chairperson of the Bar Council Professional Standards and Development Committee, and was previously the Co-Chairperson of the Bar Council Criminal Law Committee.
Terms and Conditions
A Step-By-Step Guide to Join the CPD Live Session
(1) You will be given a link to the CPD Live session once your registration has been confirmed.
(2) We are using ezTalks Webinar for the Live CPD Session. You may visit its website here to participate via on the laptop or desktop. You may also download the ezTalks mobile app for iPhone and Android.
(3) Once you open the link, you are required to fill in the necessary registration particulars. When you have submitted the details, a confirmation email by ezTalks will be automatically sent to your registered email. It will contain a webinar ID and a 4-digit invitation code.
(4) To join the ezTalks Webinar, you will be required to provide the webinar ID and 4-digit invitation code. If you are a Member of the Bar or pupil in chambers, please use the format below when you are prompted to provide your last name for identification purposes:
Last name | Bar Council membership number, or petition number
If you are a non-Member, please provide only your full name.
(5) Please do not share the link (including webinar ID and password) to any persons that have not registered for the CPD Live Session.
(6) Please ensure that you have strong internet connection. You are encouraged to use an earpiece with microphone for clarity.
(7) If you wish to raise a question, please type in the chat box, and the speaker will respond accordingly during the Question-and-Answer Session.
(8) Strictly no screen recording, sharing, or reproducing the content of the CPD Live Session on any platform is allowed. Failure to adhere to this may result in disciplinary action against you by the Bar Council.
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Cancellations must be made in writing.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled or postponed by the organiser due to some circumstances.
- No refunds for this course. However substitution is allowed.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to the Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of this event, research and audit, maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of this event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).