A person who has been convicted of a crime has options for seeking additional relief from the criminal justice system including filing an appeal. This forum will cover, among others, the relevant provisions concerning the criminal appeal process, and how to study the bulk of records of appeal.
The trainer will deal with:
- issues involved in a criminal appeal (matters concerning law and facts);
- procedural calamity during trial;
- the practice of good advocacy (oral and written);
- preparation of petition and written submission;
- the ABC Rules and enthusiasm; and
- the hints of a good oral submission.
The focus of this interactive forum is to raise awareness about the details of handling criminal appeals, and will serve as a guide to legal practitioners in this field. Participants will be encouraged to use this as an opportunity to consult with the trainer about specific situations they are dealing with or may have dealt with.
Terms and Conditions
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Cancellations must be made in writing at least 48 hours prior to the event.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the cancellation is notified to the organiser three business days before the event.
- No refunds will be issued if the cancellation is notified to the organiser less than three business days from the event.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to the Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of this event, research and audit, maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of this event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).