The programme aims to provide a better understanding on the application of Syariah principles to Islamic banking and finance and as opportunity for participants to relate and apply Syariah principles in their Islamic Finance legal practice.
Associate Professor Dr Ahcene Lahsasna
PhD, Shariah RFP, Shariah Advisor and Certified Trainer
Dr Lahsasna received his Bachelors degrees in Islamic law and Islamic jurisprudence from Algeria, and his Masters and PhD degrees in Islamic law and Islamic jurisprudence from International Islamic University Malaysia. Dr Lahsasna is equipped with industry qualifications, including:
- Certificate Islamic Capital Market Shariah Advisor offered by the Securities Industry Development Corporation (“SIDC”), Securities Commission Malaysia
- Registered Financial Planner (“RFP”) and Shariah RFP, offered by Malaysian Financial Planning Council (“MFPC”)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Islamic Finance Professionals (“CIIF”)
- Association of Shariah Advisors (“ASAS”)
- Accredited Trainer by General Council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions, Bahrain (“CIBAFI”)
- Certified Professional Trainer by MFPC, and Certified Professional trainer (“CPT”) by the Finance Accreditation Agency in Malaysia
- FAA Accreditation Panel (“FAP”) appointed by the Finance Accreditation Agency (“FAA”)
Dr Lahsasna is currently Vice-President, Research and Publications of the Malaysian Financial Planning Council; and a registered Shariah advisor at Bank Negara Malaysia and the Securities Commission Malaysia. He serves as a Shariah Committee member of Maybank Islamic; Chairman of Shariah Committee of Etiqa Takaful in Malaysia; and a Shariah Committee member of RGA ReTakaful based in Labuan.
Ahmad Lutfi Abdull Mutalip
Partner, Messrs Azmi & Associates
Ahmad Lutfi graduated from IIUM with a LLB (Hons) degree in 1995. He spent the term of his pupillage with Messrs Allen & Gledhill, and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar in 1996. Ahmad Lutfi obtained his professional qualification from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (“ICSA”), and graduated from ICSA in February 1996. He joined Messrs Hisham, Sobri & Kadir in April 1996, and advised various clients in numerous exercises ranging from private debt securities, syndicated financing, structured and project financing, privatisation and build-operate-transfer/build-operate-own projects including water privatisation, mergers and acquisitions, energy and power-related transactions, oil and gas, joint ventures, to telecommunication projects and building contracts. He became a partner of Messrs Hisham Sobri & Kadir in January 2000.
He is a founding partner of Messrs Azmi & Associates, and is responsible for the development of the Financial Services Practice Group, and the Mergers, Acquisitions and New Ventures Practice Group.
Terms and Conditions
Please contact the organiser for further Terms and Conditions.