The Bar Council Law Reform and Special Areas Committee (“LRSAC”) is holding an on-site forum entitled “Creating A Law Commission of Malaysia”.
The objectives of the forum are to:
- highlight the importance of establishing an independent law commission, that is open to accepting suggestions for reform and revisions to statutes from interested parties, legislators, members of the legal community, and members of the public; as well as draft legislation for the consideration of concerned parties; and
- consider the constitution and structure of a permanent Law Commission.
This webinar is free, but advance registration is required.
Places are limited and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Registration will close on 26 Sept 2022(Monday) at 12:00 pm.
Please note that no additional registration will be accepted once the closing date has passed, or if the conference is full (whichever comes first).
We may not permit future registration if you fail to attend the conference after registering, unless you provide an acceptable and valid reason(s).
Should you have any enquiries, please contact:
Norazila Ismail (Kimmy) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Najwa Syazwani Aqilah bt Abd Hamid (email@example.com)
Welcoming Address by Karen Cheah Yee Lynn, President of the Malaysian Bar
Dato’ Sri M Ramachelvam, Chairperson, LRSAC
Emeritus Professor Datuk Dr Shad Saleem Faruqi, Emeritus Professor of Law and Legal Adviser, University of Malaya
Dato’ Seri Mohd Hishamudin Yunus, Former Court of Appeal Judge; Advocate and Solicitor
Sharing Session | Speakers:
Wong Yoon Loong, Executive Director, National Council for the Blind,Malaysia (“NCBM”)
Ireeny Muzammel, Senior Legal Officer from Telenisa Legal Aid Clinic, Sisters in Islam
Closing Remarks by Surendra Ananth, Deputy Chairperson, LRSAC
Terms and Conditions
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Cancellations must be made in writing.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled or postponed by the organiser due to some circumstances.
- No refunds for this course. However substitution is allowed.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to the Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of this event, research and audit, maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of this event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).