Who should attend?
Lawyers who are thinking of setting up firms, have just established their firms or joined a partnership, or need a refresher.
- Covers everything from the fundamentals of legal practice, accounting, taxation, conveyancing to litigation.
- Plus bonus giveaways!
MODULE 1: FIRST STEPS: WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN AND HOW?
The Fundamentals of Legal Practice
- Going Solo or Finding a Partner
- Partnership Agreement
- Retainer Letter(s) / Agreement(s)
- Office Management 101
Accounting and Taxation
- A Lawyer’s Guide to Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Appreciating Your Financial Statements
- Understanding Tax
- AMLATFA Briefing
Bar Council and You: Obligations and Privileges
- Statutory Requirements
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
MODULE 2: THE BIG LEAP: STRATEGY FOR GROWTH
Conveyancing in a Competitive Climate
- Conveyancing Practice Using Checklist / KIV Systems
- Understanding Solicitors’ Account Rules / Solicitors’
- Remuneration Order
- Avoiding Fraud
Winning Ways through Civil Litigation Practice
- Civil Litigation Processes Using Checklist / KIV Systems
- Avoiding Claims / Negligence