This course will cover the following:
- The handling of expert evidence from the perspective of judges and senior practitioners;
- An introduction to financial statements, and the issues and terminology involved;
- The consideration and evaluation of two expert reports by financial experts;
- Practical and useful guidance on how to handle financial experts and expert reports in court;
- The handling of consultations with experts; and
- Reviews of the performance of participants in examination-in-chief and cross-examination of financial experts regarding their reports.
The international trainers for this course include the
- Philip Greenwood, SC (Australia);
- Russell Coleman, SC (Hong Kong);
- Sarah Whitehouse, QC (United Kingdom);
- Audrey Campbell-Moffat J (Hong Kong);
- Leigh-Ann Mulcahy, QC (United Kingdom); and
- Benny Makola (South Africa).
Terms and Conditions
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Goods and Services Tax ("GST")
Certain supplies of goods and services that we make may be subject to GST, and we are required to levy GST on such taxable goods and services from 1 Apr 2015.
We reserve the right to implement any necessary changes to our policies on goods and services that we may supply or on supplies we may receive from vendors.
Cancellations must be made in writing at least 48 hours prior to the event.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the cancellation is notified to the organiser three business days before the event.
- No refunds will be issued if the cancellation is notified to the organiser less than three business days from the event.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of the event, research and audit, and maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of the event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).