Sexual harassment and workplace bullying have no place in a civilised society. We can all play a role in bringing such uncivilised behaviour to an end. In an effort to create greater awareness on harassment issues, the Bar Council Industrial and Employment Law Committee (“IELC”) is pleased to have two formidable experts share their knowledge and experiences with us in order that we may have practical handles on how to identify, address and overcome challenges involving harassment issues/complaints.
Managing Partner, Speak Up Malaysia;CEO, Malaysian Institute for Debate and Public Speaking ("MIDP")
Emellia was a corporate advisory and litigation lawyer turned compliance executive for a multinational government-linked company ("GLC") in Malaysia. Throughout her time, she was entrusted with corporate governance matters, particularly to design, operationalise and culturalise policies, practices and values through training and employee engagement campaigns across Malaysia. Aside from that, Emellia was also entrusted to manage whistleblowing channels and cases within the organisation with more than 20,000 employees worldwide.
Training Consultant cum Registered, Licensed Counsellor, All Women's Action Society ("AWAM")
Betty Yeoh is a global trainer and speaker who facilitates change within organisations and communities. She works and co-creates with stakeholders, programs towards a non-discrimination and violence free community. She holds a Master of Counselling and Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Counselling).
Her experiences in training and consultancy works are as follow:
- Over two decades of training and consultancy work in the area of women’s rights and gender-based violence with a focus on sexual harassment and domestic violence;
- Trained industry practitioners, government agencies, non-governmental agencies and educational institutions;
- Provides support and counsels survivors of violence, trains basic helping skills to enable psychological first aid;
- Conducted trainings globally in USA, Nigeria, Lebanon, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and locally throughout Malaysia; and
- Provides insights for training and journeys with stakeholders to reach expected outcomes.
Terms and Conditions
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Cancellations must be made in writing.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled or postponed by the organiser due to some circumstances.
- No refunds for this course. However substitution is allowed.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to the Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of this event, research and audit, maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of this event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).