Intermediate-Level Legal Forums are aimed at providing legal practitioners with specific legal training at a higher level, and are an extension of the CPD Camps, that provide training at a basic level. These forums will require participants to have prior knowledge in specific areas of law, and participants will be expected to engage with the trainer in the interactive sessions.
Prerequisite for the course:
- Open to practitioners who have file contested petitions for divorce under section 53 of the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976 (“LRA”), or engaged in enforcing orders made post-decree nisi
- Not open to pupils in chambers
- Bring your own copies of the LRA, Guardianship of Infants Act 1961, Married Women and Children (Maintenance) Act 1950, and Rules of Court 2012
Terms and Conditions
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Goods and Services Tax ("GST")
Certain supplies of goods and services that we make may be subject to GST, and we are required to levy GST on such taxable goods and services from 1 Apr 2015.
We reserve the right to implement any necessary changes to our policies on goods and services that we may supply or on supplies we may receive from vendors.
Cancellations must be made in writing at least 48 hours prior to the event.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the cancellation is notified to the organiser three business days before the event.
- No refunds will be issued if the cancellation is notified to the organiser less than three business days from the event.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to the Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of this event, research and audit, maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of this event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).