Social media has the effect of bringing out both the worst and best in us. On the one hand it enables us to connect with like-minded people who share our values and opinions transcending geographical boundaries. At worst, it works as an echo-chamber limiting our world views and bringing out the most judgmental aspects of our natures. But what does it mean for many of us professionally?
The views we reflect online in a moment of anger can come back to haunt us long after that moment has passed. We often, unknowingly, open ourselves to scrutiny and judgement by strangers.
Today, many organisations resort to social media to shortlist candidates for promotion and employment. Your online presence can be curated to reflect the best parts of yourself.
This course is about learning some techniques and getting insight into how to position yourself, build your brand and achieve your career goals.
Part 1: Footprints in Cyberspace
- A brief understanding of how you leave trails in cyberspace and on social media.
- How it’s used by your stakeholders and potential stakeholders.
- Are you leaving the impression you want?
- What are you revealing unconsciously?
Part 2: Building an Online Brand
- What do you want to reveal about yourself personally and professionally?
- How to create content that reflects the best aspects of yourself.
Part 3: Diagnosis & Action Plan
- Where are you now? Where do you want to be? How do you get there?
Part 4: Overview of Best Practises
- Tips and insights for building your online presence.
- Curating content.
- Appealing to stakeholders and potential stakeholders.