Dementia is a global concern – with local issues and challenges.
The estimated number of people living with dementia worldwide is expected to reach 75 million in 2030 and 131.5 million in 2050. The importance of advanced care planning is well recognised globally.
However, in Malaysia such planning is still not given enough priority, and for people with dementia who gradually lose their ability to make informed decisions for themselves, recommendations on when and how to perform this complex process are lacking.
This one-day event will cover:
- Mental incapacity defined
- Legal affairs – what can we learn from Singapore’s experience?
- The caregiver, community & social protection
- Critical infrastructure – what needs to be developed?
- The journey of a caregiver
STEP & SIG Member : RM150-00
Non-member : RM300-00
Group rate (minimum 3 participants for Non-members only) : RM250-00 per person