- The National AML/CFT Compliance Programme, is established with the aim of elevating and improving the DNFBPs and other non-bank financial sectors’ awareness on anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing (AML/CFT) obligations.
- The tagline “Comply to Protect” reflects the need for implementation of the AML/CFT obligations and the role of Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions (DNFBPs) to ensure that they take responsibility to protect themselves from the potential money laundering or terrorism financing (ML/TF) related abuse.
- To understand potential ML/TF risks posed to the DNFBP and non-bank financial sectors.
- To understand on how to protect the sectors from being abused by implementing the AML/CFT obligations.
- To mitigate non-compliance risks and costs (for failure to comply or for rectification measures) under the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLA).
- ML/TF risks to the DNFBP sectors and other non-bank financial institutions
- How compliance with the AMLA protects and mitigates the sectors from ML/TF vulnerabilities
- BNM’s supervisory approach and observations
- Consequences for non-compliance
Who should attend
- AML/CFT compliance officers
- Risk officers
- Legal Officers
Session 1 (AM) : Lawyers, Accountants, Company Secretaries
Session 2 (PM) : Dealers in Precious Metal & Stones (DPMS), Real Estate Agents (REA), Moneylenders, Pawnbrokers
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: Arni Jailun at +603 2698 8044 (Ext. 8493) or Muhammad Fikri at +603 2698 8044 (Ext. 7041)