This seminar aims to deal with the following fundamental issues:
- What is profitability, liquidity and solvency, how to differentiate them?
- What is solvency, in the context of the Act?
- How to determine solvency?
- What is the solvency test?
- What is the solvency statement?
- How to relate solvency with a Company’s Annual Reports and Its Audited Financial Statements?
- How to read and understand the Solvency Statement?
- What types of corporate activities and/or undertakings require such declaration?
- What are these corporate activities and/or undertakings?
- Who is responsible for such declaration?
- Whether such solvency test and statement can be out-sourced to external professional services providers?
- Who is ultimately responsible and/or liable?
- What are the consequences of non-compliance?
- Much more
Lim Kien Chai, a legal practitioner, is a Chartered Accountant and an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya and has a multi-disciplinary professional and career background spanning over a period of more than 30 years.
He holds the following academic and professional qualifications: Bachelor Degree of Accounting from the University of Malaya (Hons); Bachelor Degree of Law from the University of London (Hons); Chartered Institute of Management Accountants from the United Kingdom; Post-graduate professional qualification in Certified Internal Auditor from the United States of America; and Certificate of Legal Practice from Malaysia.
He was a Past President of the Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia.
Terms and Conditions
Please contact the organiser for further Terms and Conditions.
Selangor Bar Committee
No. 37, 39 & 41, Jalan Bola Jaring 13/15, Seksyen 13, 40100 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: +603 5519 6219
Fax: +603 55199037