This talk will look at trends in “Whole Person Mental Health” based on the “Bio-Psycho-Social-Spiritual Model”, as health is the condition of optimal well-being and is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
The talk will focus on “Whole Person Health Care: The Bio-Psycho-Social-Spiritual Model” looking at the psychological, social, spiritual and biological aspects.
Our health and well-being are affected by four aspects:
1. The physical body;
2. Emotional and intellectual status;
3. Social situations and relationships; and
4. Spiritual beliefs and practices.
Therefore, in order to be at one’s healthiest, we need to address all these four areas and optimise them in order to improve our health and overall well-being.
Prof Madya Dr Wan Marzuki Wan Jaafar
Dean, Faculty of Educational Studies
Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Areas of Specialisation: Guidance and Counseling, Counselor Education and Supervision,
Career Development and Counselling, Development of Psychological Instrument; Computer Application in Education, Social Science Research, and Soft Skill
- President, Board of Counsellors (Malaysia) (Act 580)
- 5th Counselor in Residence, National Board of Certified Counselors, United States of AmericaProfessional Member, American Counselling Association (Membership ID No: ID#6438245)
- Specialty Divisions (Professional Member) of: Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, United States of America, National Career Development Association, United States of America
- Founder, Yayasan Lembaga Kaunselor (BHEUU/06/(S)229(YLK) Act258, 1952, BHEUU, Prime Minister's Office)
Terms and Conditions
Places are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For events with registration fees, all payments must be made in advance, including bank charges. Registration will be confirmed once proof of payment is provided by email or fax, and full payment is received.
For events that are not organised by Bar Council, please note that you are subject to the relevant terms and conditions specified by the external providers.
Cancellations must be made in writing.
If you have failed to inform the organiser on your cancellation for three consecutive times, you may be blacklisted for future events.
Refunds will be processed after the event is completed. This may take up to 30 business days. The conditions for refunds are as follows:
- Full refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled or postponed by the organiser due to some circumstances.
- No refunds for this course. However substitution is allowed.
The organiser reserves the right to modify, cancel or postpone the event, should circumstances arise that make such action necessary, whereupon all registration fees paid will be refunded.
You are allowed to transfer your place to another participant, but you must notify the organiser with the necessary details.
CPD points will not be awarded to lawyers and pupils in chambers from Peninsular Malaysia who arrive more than 15 minutes late, are not present throughout the event, or leave before its scheduled end.
The personal information that you provide to the Bar Council, whether now or in the future, may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Bar Council for the purposes of facilitation and organisation of this event, research and audit, maintenance of a participant database for the promotion of this event, and such ancillary services as may be relevant.
- Materials will be emailed only. No printed notes will be provided.
- No recording of the event is permitted via any means at any time.
- No part of the event content may be used/reproduced in any form without the written and explicit consent of the Bar Council and speaker(s).