The Bar Council National Young Lawyers and Pupils Committee (“NYLPC”) and the Malaysian Centre for Constitutionalism and Human Rights (“MCCHR”) are organising a strategic litigation camp from 27 to 30 Sept 2018 (Thursday to Sunday) in Bukit Tinggi, Pahang.
This annual training camp is targeted at young Members of the Bar and pupils in chambers, with the aim of strengthening their capacity to undertake public interest litigation for the advancement of human rights. The four-day intensive training will combine the use of case studies, group discussions, debates, legal drafting, and other innovative learning methods, and will cover various aspects of strategic litigation, including:
- An overview of human rights concepts and principles;
- International human rights framework and standards;
- Constitutional safeguards to protect fundamental liberties;
- Equality and non-discrimination in the context of gender and religion; and
- Human rights public advocacy and legal drafting.